photo NavFB_zpstaxf4rbk.png photo NavTwit_zps37re8btd.png photo NavPin_zpswwtqnofe.png photo NavIG_zpsub7xdonx.png photo NavEM_zps0omzd1xc.png



Wednesday, April 9, 2014

One Pant, Three Ways.

I remember the exact day that I bought my first pair of skinnies.  It was July 2006 and skinny jeans were just starting to break into the average person's fashion comfort-zone after years and years of flared and boot-cut jean domination.  I decided to try on a pair of skinnies at Express, thinking that I probably wouldn't like them too much.   
I reluctantly pulled them on, and voila!  
It's as if a dream that I didn't know I had was just realized.  

That might seem dramatic, but it's totally true!  Given that I'm short and petite, almost every pair of pants that I ever bought had to be altered and shortened.  Needless to say, I always dreaded buying pants because having to tailor every pair was really not feasible at the time--especially on a college student budget.
With skinnies, if they were a little long, they could just bunch up around my ankles and they would look fine.  And if they were short, well then they looked like cute ankle pants.  I realized that I may never have to get pants altered again.  Shut.the.front.door!

The next best thing that happened in my skinny pants journey was that I found a pair of perfectly fitting skinnies made out of dressy pants material (perfect for work!).  This little bit of heaven was from The Limited and I proceeded to buy them in every color that they offered.  Which brings us to today-- one day after I online binge-shopped on my favorite Limited pants.  To be fair though, I wear these skinnies so much that I've worn them out and the color is starting to fade.  And after three years, they've truly stood the test of time.  Plus, look how many different ways they can be styled!

So... my little shopping spree is justified, right? ;)

Black & White chiffon top c/o Catch Bliss Boutique (Exact here)//
Ivory blazer (Exact here; Similar herehereherehere)//
Skinny Dress Pants (Exact old; Similar hereherehere)//
Nude pointy toe pumps (Exact hereherehere, and love this pair with ankle straps)//
Mint statement necklace (Absolutely love these options herehereherehereherehere)

Mayla tank c/o Catch Bliss Boutique (Exact here)//
White blazer (Exact here; Similar herehereherehere)//
Skinny Dress Pants (Exact old; Similar hereherehere)//
Skinny gold belt (Exact old; Similar hereherehere)//
Gold cap toe pumps (Exact old; Cute pair here; Love this one here and this slingback here
)//
Yasi crystal earrings, bracelet, snakeskin bangle watch and c/o Bauble Boutique (Exact herehere, and here)

Hot pink chiffon blouse (Exact here; Great options here, here, here); Love these sleeveless versions here and here)//
Skinny Dress Pants (Exact old; Similar hereherehere)//
Leopard print flat (Exact here; Similar here, here, here)//
Leopard print scarf (Exact gifted; Cute ones hereherehere)//
Skinny black watch (Exact old; Similar herehere)//
 Earrings c/o Blossom Jewelry Design

9 comments:

  1. It took me a while to get on the skinny jeans bandwagon, but I LOVE them now. Also, I have those Limited pants and would wear them every day if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skinnies. I have the opposite problem since I'm 5'9" and I'm all legs, so finding pants long enough for me is a struggle. But skinnies are amazing... love the second look the best!
    -Beth
    www.hummingbirdhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm currently loving slim fit ankle pants. I just find them to be so much more flattering than bootcut or wide leg versions. Plus I love that they can be dressed up or down.

    ~Amanda
    http://www.amandainsavannahblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm (just barely) on the plus side, so i was super hesitant about skinny jeans. i fell in love. hard. they're wonderful!
    i just wanted to say that i just started following you, and i'm totally in love with your style! i wish i could get some classes from you on how to wear accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the 1 look fab! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Love your style dear!
    Lots of kisses
    fashionworldbymoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply superb! I am absolutely impressed with informative post here. I appreciate you for this. . I absolutely admire the information shared in this blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red with the leopard look
    leopard shoes white skinny jeans red tp
    leopard scarf The red top makes the leopard
    Accessories just pop with the white skinny jeans

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Leave me a little something here. :)